As a Barclays Business Relationship Banker, based in our Gadbrook Park office your salary will start from £21,220 plus excellent additional benefits and opportunities for progression. You’ll play a key role in our Small Business and Support team. We’ll look to you to manage and grow a portfolio of small-business customers, by building meaningful relationships and meeting our customers’ unique and evolving business needs. You’ll be involved in the launch of innovative new services, making this a high-profile role, where you’ll create a network of key stakeholders.
Please note we are recruiting now for a January start date. We reserve the right to close this advert at any time.
We have around 1,200 team members based in Gadbrook Park, in Northwich. We’re dedicated to bringing a customer-focused approach to every call and raising the bar in our own individual way.
We’re looking for people from all kinds of backgrounds to join us; people who can build relationships through empathy and get to the heart of the matter on a range of issues. Financial services experience is not essential – it’s your approach and personality that matter most; the rest we can teach you. Our training is first-class and will equip you with everything you need for this role and for your future development.
As a Business Relationship Banker, your main responsibilities will involve:
• Contributing to sustainable growth in our small-business customer base by providing detailed business reviews, enabling a deeper understanding of business issues and opportunities
• Using strategic tools to advise customers on potential areas for growth
• Proactively and authoritatively explaining digital services to ensure our customers have confidence in their channels
• Going above and beyond, by identifying our customers’ needs and offering solutions that are right for them
• Owning, managing and resolving customer queries within agreed timescales, dealing with feedback effectively to improve our services
As a Business Relationship Banker, your skills and qualifications will include:
• Relationship management experience in a team-based environment
• The ability to analyse customers’ journeys and business events to provide authoritative advice and support
• An understanding of using appropriate digital and social media tools to support the growth of small businesses
• A proven record of working with a wide range of digital products, services and processes
• An in-depth knowledge of the current market, and emerging trends that may highlight areas for improvement, risks or opportunities for our customers
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That’s why at Barclays you’ll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed. That’s not all. We’ll also offer you private healthcare, childcare savings, and employer discounts. All this, plus a unique company spirit that encourages people to achieve their best.
All we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
We will consider applications from job share applicants. At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
Ready to apply?
There are up to five stages to our application process:
1. Application: On your application we’ll ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You’ll also be required to upload a CV, so it’s a good idea to have it ready.
2. Online Assessment: We’ll then ask you to complete an online assessment exercise which we will send to you via email. Our assessments are carefully designed to measure the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful in our roles, but they’ll also provide you with some insight into what our roles entail.
3. Application Review: We will review your application along with your responses to the online assessment exercise. Depending on the type of role you are applying for, we may contact you to arrange a brief telephone interview to discuss your experience in more detail.
4. Interview: If your application is progressed, we’ll invite you to attend a face-to-face interview. We want you to be free to choose an interview time that suits you, so we’ll provide some options and ask you to select your preferred timeslot.
5. Outcome: We will keep you updated throughout the process. If you attend an interview, we’ll be in touch within five working days of all interviews being completed to advise you of the outcome.
Visit our website for tips and advice on each stage www.jobs.barclays.co.uk/advice or click below to apply now.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.