Customer Service Advisor (Fraud team)
Working Pattern: 35 hours per week, with various shifts between 7am – 11pm Monday – Sunday
As a Customer Service Advisor (Fraud team), you’ll enjoy lifestyle flexibility, intensive training and constant development. We’ll also provide you with an understanding of what the bank can offer our customers and how to exceed expectations.
We have a number of contact and processing centres, and there’s a full spectrum of customer service, admin support and agent roles. These teams support our mortgage agents as well as our retail network with the chance to work within the fraud team. They also manage the admin associated with customer and product related processing – ensuring the standards of our service are consistently high.
Training & salary:
The starting salary for a Customer Service Advisor is £17,000 per annum. You will undertake a career development journey that will ensure you are supported in the development of all the relevant skills and knowledge required for the role. Upon successful completion of this development journey, you will secure a promotion and continue to develop and have the opportunity to support our customers in new and exciting ways.
As a Customer Service Advisor, your main responsibilities will involve:
• Taking ownership of the Customer Experience by providing excellent service to help deliver on customer ambitions and day-to-day banking needs
• Deepening customer relationships to help grow the business and strengthen the Barclays brand in the community
• Working collaboratively with colleagues to deliver on our vision to be the ‘go-to’ bank and live our purpose and values
• Liaising with other departments to resolve customer queries
• Delivering exceptional customer satisfaction and performance and acting as an expert for all issues regarding fraudulent activity
As a Customer Service Advisor, your skills and qualifications will include:
• A genuine interest in the customer
• The ability to demonstrate service in a customer-facing role
• The right attitude, personality, potential and skills to provide excellent customer service and case ownership
• Experience of working towards personal objectives and standards
• The ability to use your own initiative to resolve customer queries and complaints, by moving outside of set guidelines and procedures
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That’s why at Barclays you’ll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed. All this, plus a unique company spirit that encourages people to achieve their best.
All we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
Ready to apply?
There are up to five stages to our application process:
1. Application: On your application we’ll ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You’ll also be required to upload a CV, so it’s a good idea to have it ready.
2. Online Assessment: We’ll then ask you to complete an online assessment exercise which we will send to you via email. Our assessments are carefully designed to measure the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful in our roles, but they’ll also provide you with some insight into what our roles entail.
3. Application Review: We will review your application along with your responses to the online assessment exercise. Depending on the type of role you are applying for, we may contact you to arrange a brief telephone interview to discuss your experience in more detail.
4. Interview: If your application is progressed, we’ll invite you to attend a face-to-face interview. We want you to be free to choose an interview time that suits you, so we’ll provide some options and ask you to select your preferred timeslot.
5. Outcome: We will keep you updated throughout the process. If you attend an interview, we’ll be in touch within five working days of all interviews being completed to advise you of the outcome.
Visit our website for tips and advice on each stage www.jobs.barclays.co.uk/advice or click below to apply now.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.