Locations: Any available location, Leeds, Solihull
We are a truly diverse team of individuals delivering major projects in the UK and across the globe for numerous Clients. Our projects range from long-span bridges to major infrastructure projects that transform and greatly improve our daily lives, such as new transport hubs and major road and rail upgrades.
A career in any of our Civil Structures and Bridges teams provides an exciting, challenging and rewarding environment in which to work. Our engineers work in active partnership with Clients to understand their needs and aspirations. We work together with a broad range of specialists to propose innovative technical and economic solutions to complex briefs, making the most challenging of programmes and advanced construction techniques possible.
Major projects today are increasingly sophisticated and challenging. We draw on Arup’s global depth of expertise in fundamentals such as geotechnics, wind engineering and seismic design, as well as material sciences and anything a specific project or Client may require. We bring these together and coordinate across the range of disciplines to create project teams that can deliver infrastructure anywhere in the world. Our drive to advance bridge and structural engineering and our commitment to continuous improvement shapes our innovative solutions.
Arup collaborates with Government, Local authorities, architects, developers and contractors to shape ambitious, pragmatic and enduring infrastructure that transforms the way people live and work. Every project is unique and comes with its own set of constraints and opportunities. At Arup, we strive to identify and implement the most appropriate engineering solution given the challenges of each project, and provide our engineers with opportunities to develop their career aspirations.
About the role
Right now we’re looking for talented civil and structural engineers to join our team of bright professionals across several of our UK offices. From your first day, you’ll be supported by a community of experts that will encourage you in your career path and guide you towards gaining a professional qualification.
You’ll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. You’ll have a great deal of responsibility from day one and we’ll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
Projects will be allocated to you on a regular basis for varying lengths of time, which provides an interesting and varied working environment. You will have an opportunity to work on projects from all over the world, while learning from our highly experienced team.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical know-how. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the Bridges, Highways Rail and Energy/Water sectors and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
We’re looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Masters degree in Civil or Structural Engineering at 2.1 or above (predicted or attained)
- Studying, or have studied, an ICE or IStructE accredited course
- Preference for grade B or above in A-Level Mathematics
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
Skills in the analysis and design of bridges and structures are an advantage. An understanding of CAD (Bentley or Autocad) is also desirable.
- Enthusiasm for a career in bridge engineering or heavy civil engineering structures, underpinned by a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
- Planned and organised in your approach to work and meeting deadlines
- Flexible to the needs of the business, and changes to project plans
- Committed to the successful delivery of projects, meeting the needs of our clients, the development of the team and business as a whole
What we offer
You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging and fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training