We are currently hiring for a Senior Business Analyst to join us for an initial 3 month contract based in Canary Wharf, London
We are looking for a Business Analyst to support all business analysis related activity on a business change programme from initial scoping, requirements gathering, through to operational design.
This role sits within the the Client and Customer Experience team whose combined skills, knowledge and experience are creating the innovations that can help make Barclays UK the ‘Go-To’ bank. The teams’ unshakeable purpose is to protect the Barclays of today, create the Barclays of tomorrow and inspire the Barclays of the future.
The team focus is on Smarter Human Banking where the emphasis is on using technology to revolutionise our client and customer experience to free our colleagues to interact with our customers in a truly human way.
As a Business Analyst, your main responsibilities will involve:
Delivery of Business Analysis workstreams to meet project targets and KPIs
- Champion the DDLA delivery methods which are being adopted by Barclays UK
- Support project management in defining the project and producing the project definition / Viability Assessments and supporting plans
- Actively contribute to the realisation of the project aims and objectives, and the contribution of Business Analysis to those aims and objectives
- Manage specific project Business Analysis workstreams to meet project targets
- Effective management and reporting of own time to deliver against project plan
- Report progress regularly to the project manager
- Ensure the delivery and presentation of Business Analysis is to appropriate levels of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the project plan
- Undertake Business Analyst interviews (including organising and facilitating joint requirements planning sessions and working groups) and analysis
- Provide data analysis and scenario modelling
- Provide objective analysis of SME output
- Provide analytical support to project management and the Barclays UK leadership team where appropriate
- Lead the production and manage sign off of:
o Project analytical fact base
o Project business requirements definition (high and detailed level)
o Project operational design (high and detailed level)
- Contribute to the production of:
o Project business and benefits case
o Project change impact assessments
o Training material
Business change line management and staff development
- Potentially Line manages individuals, including Performance Management, Interim and Annual Reviews, Personal and Professional Development needs.
- Provide leadership and coaching to ensure that all staff are aligned to the goals and culture of both Advocacy Transformation and Barclays UK.
- Rigorously discharge all of the Group’s HR policies (including Performance Development, Equality and Diversity, Disciplinary & Grievance) in respect of staff Line Managed
- Act as a role model in terms of both delivery and behaviour for all staff in Barclays UK
- Demonstrate total commitment to the personal and professional development of all members of Barclays UK
- Mentor and coach colleagues and clients by sharing experience
- Identify, propose and champion new and improved Business Analysis methods, tools and techniques to be adopted by the Analysts across Barclays UK
- Identify, propose and champion new and improved processes within the Barclays change cycle.
Personal and professional development
- Maintain leading-edge personal and professional development by regular and focused activity, which covers the complete development spectrum (i.e. conferences, courses, personal coaching, brown bag sessions etc).
- Actively drive and take ownership of development in the Barclays UK business analysis community
- Keep up to date personally with latest thinking in Business Analysis
- Ensure that reports keep up to date with latest thinking in Business Analysis
- Keep up to date personally with the relevant business operational processes within Barclays UK
- Achieve the required level of accreditation in the Group’s mandated Change Methods and Tools
- Provide objective feedback and input into formal Performance Management Reviews and Annual Reviews of all direct project reports, whether these are assigned from within Barclays UK , or from the business line or other functions
As a Business Analyst, your skills and qualifications will include:
- Strong BA skills/experience
- Requirement gathering
- Stakeholder management
- Process / design mapping
- Experience of working within a SDLC and/or Agile project environment
- Industry standard BA qualification
- Understanding of BA methodologies
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.