Wealth Manager (Newcastle)
As a Barclays Wealth Manager, you will be identifying, planning and developing new private banking relationships. This will involve presenting to clients as a representative of the bank and an investment professional, to a variety of audiences. You will also be achieving personal and team goals for new assets, clients and revenues.
Private Banking offers bespoke banking and investment solutions to high net-worth individuals across the globe. It provides a comprehensive range of investment advice across all asset classes, wealth structures and banking services. It operates in onshore and offshore markets and is organised around market-focused teams.
As a Wealth Manager, your main responsibilities will involve:
• Working on your own volition to achieve personal objectives and assist in achieving team targets for: new clients/ assets/ revenues
• Becoming a ‘go to’ person within the team and key contact for banking products, credit advice and client queries
• Being the key interface between the client and other parts of the Barclays group, including but not limited to Wealth Advisory, Discretionary Portfolio Management and the Investment Advisory teams
• Discussing markets, their issues and opportunities with clients
• Utilising the banker toolset and systems platforms and challenge current standards to continuously improve quality.
As a Wealth Manager, your skills and qualifications will include:
• Being RDR level four (min)/ six (desired) compliant
• Having strong relationship skills with experience of managing and handling the sophisticated needs of individuals and families
• Being effective in gaining an in-depth understanding of client’s needs and advising on a diverse range of wealth management solutions
• Delivering high quality bespoke advice, maximising value for our clients and negotiate the best commercial outcome
• Having experience in controlling and monitoring of risk within a client book
• Having excellent market exposure and multi-disciplined private banking expertise and excellent business development/cold calling skills
This role is deemed as a Certified role under the PRA & FCA – Individual Accountabilities Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That’s why at Barclays you’ll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
All we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
Ready to apply?
There are three stages to our application process:
1. Application: On your application we’ll ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You’ll also be required to upload a CV, so it’s a good idea to have it ready.
2. CV Review: If you meet the criteria for the role you’ve applied for, a member of our team will be in touch to conduct a short telephone interview to explore your application in greater detail.
3. Assessment: If your application is successful at this stage, we’ll ask you to complete an online Situational Judgment Test to explore your alignment to the Barclays Values and Competencies. Your recruiter will be able to provide further information about the test.
Visit our website for tips and advice on each stage www.jobs.barclays.co.uk/advice or click below to apply now.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.