As a Barclays Wealth Planner, you will work with clients to provide a world class range of investment solutions and products across all asset classes, wealth structuring, lending and banking services. You will be supported by dedicated experts from across the firm. This access and support represents a unique opportunity for you as an established Wealth Planners to develop your career within a high quality environment.
Private Banking offers bespoke banking and investment solutions to high net-worth individuals across the globe. It provides a comprehensive range of investment advice across all asset classes, wealth structures and banking services. It operates in onshore and offshore markets and is organised around market-focused teams.
As a Wealth Planner, your main responsibilities will involve:
• Working closely with a designated group of Private Bankers to provide full Wealth Planning services to a group of clients with an emphasis on regulated products
• Structuring client’s affairs in the most efficient way in order to achieve established medium and long term goals
• Developing and maintaining client relationships and providing financial advice within the UK regulatory framework
• Identifying, developing and securing new client relationships through referrals and leveraging Barclays internal network
• Devising and implementing a client acquisition strategy in conjunction with the Team Manager
• Meeting the required commercial revenue targets
As a Wealth Planner, your skills and qualifications will include:
• Specific Subject Matter Experience in the area of complex financial planning solutions for High Net Worth clients
• The ability to influence senior business stakeholders internally and High Net Worth centres of influence externally
• Appropriate technical/product knowledge of Life Assurance, Pensions and Investment Advisory in the UK and a solid understanding of the current UK taxation system
• Detailed knowledge of the UK regulatory requirements and an overall understanding of the business impact of the regulatory environment
• Understanding of the risks associated with investment products; in particular, the relationship between customer attitudes to risk and the suitability of financial products recommended
• Strong investment, fiduciary and banking product knowledge (ideal but not essential)
This role is deemed as a Certified role under the PRA & FCA – Individual Accountabilities Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That’s why at Barclays you’ll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
All we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
Ready to apply?
There are three stages to our application process:
1. Application: On your application we’ll ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You’ll also be required to upload a CV, so it’s a good idea to have it ready.
2. CV Review: If you meet the criteria for the role you’ve applied for, a member of our team will be in touch to conduct a short telephone interview to explore your application in greater detail.
3. Assessment: If your application is successful at this stage, we’ll ask you to complete an online Situational Judgment Test to explore your alignment to the Barclays Values and Competencies. Your recruiter will be able to provide further information about the test.
Visit our website for tips and advice on each stage www.jobs.barclays.co.uk/advice or click below to apply now.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.